Thursday, February 04, 2010

Perception of Money Over Time..!?!


It seems like a few of u enjoyed my last blog and I dropped some heavy duty shit like that Acme Anvil from Roadrunner. To be honest this blog is a load of rubbish, I'm just keeping it up for myself and I know when u get bored u want to learn more about me and the way I think.

The other day I was speaking to a customer at the takeaway who has made millions. (No evidence, but I take a mans word.) We were talking about business ideas and throwing ideas at each other. Anyways let me share one of my ideas whilst it's still not off the ground completely. Jamie Oliver always has one step ahead of me haha.

Well riding on the facebook success, I was thinking of doing something similar but for food. Everyone loves food but not everyone enjoy's cooking it. I had this idea when I was on delivery one day, and I smelt some beautiful cooking. It was a sort of smell u know u can't get in a restaurant. Your mothers or grandmothers cooking!! Traditional home cooking!! I wanted to taste it but I couldn't. I only enjoy traditional chinese at home. But some of u folk can't! You only get given westernised sweet and sour crap.

You guessed it! It's a website like facebook where u share traditional cooking recipies I'm sure there is plenty of websites out there now. I thought of this last year summer, but wanted it more user orientated than celebrity chef. Jamie Oliver beats me to it and takes it up another level with an Iphone app.

Anyways this guy at the takeaway, loved some of my advertising ideas and asked my full name.

Daniel Khor

He asked me what I wanted, what I see for myself and I told him, I want to change my name into a global brand! And he was like, I can see that happening. Daniel Khor, it's got that normal first name then that special surname. I've never thought of my name as special but it has that powerful effect on people haha. Isit coz I'm Dan Khor? Haha

Let's hope that's the beginning of Daniel Khor, I hope one day I become immortal, my name is engraved into the world as a company.

Well, the title of this blog was perception of money over time. Basically the value of goods. As you all know I love my kicks, I love my designer goods and everything else that comes with it. So I went to Frost of London, IF&Co's account in UK, to check out the Ben Baller pieces. Hottest sales consultant there Chloe Parker!! U must visit just to see this girl. She can sell me anything even the £6.5k G shock watch!! (Sorry about poor picture taken on phone) I didn't want to look like a dick, taking a photo when I was trying it on.



Chloe murked my life hard! I said the watch was a bit expensive for a GShock, I could purchase a U-Boat for that price! She replied, "You know what you guys with money are like. Showing off and stuff!"

FML, I felt like gauging my eyes out and commiting suicide right there. Even tho I ain't one of them rich guys who likes to show off. I work hard for my money thank you very much!!

But what I'm trying to explain is, perception of money is everything. What you value and what I value to be worth x amount is different. But why are humans so irrational. We like to splash out on time pieces to tell time, to keep us sane! But why would u waste over £10 on a watch?

Status? Craftmanship? To fit in? To get robbed?

What ever it is, it still doesn't justify spending money on a watch to tell the time, which u have everywhere around you now a days. Your phone displays the time, I'm sure u have a computer somewhere on ur travels haha. But we still love having that expensive looking watch. Let me be honest with u guys, I am slightly slow when it comes to reading analogue time, because I've never really needed it. But I seldom wear an analogue watch just because it looks good haha. What have I become?

We percieve an item of value and make a rational choice whether to buy it. I'm guessing u've had that awkward arguement with someone who's asked how much an item u own costs and they sed it was expensive and u was like it's a bargain, coz u got 10% off it.

We rarely think of an item in a 3rd person perspective, how do people see this on me? Does it look cheap, does it look expensive? What does this design mean to that person? We usually think about ourselves only, how we want to be seen. My idea above probably explains why I've never set foot into Primark! I don't think the quality of their goods are all that, and fighting with people for clothes isn't what I do haha. But they imitate some of the big fashion houses and tone down their crazy designs to make it wearable and affordable.

Does Comfort really play a Part in what you wear?

Comfort to me is a + to an item. If I want a certain look I'll give up comfort just to have that look. I'm sure a lot of u sacrafice a lot too haha. I used to think like that! Now, I've grown up and my perception has changed. As long as I am comfortable, it doesn't matter how I look (too much). I've still got an image to keep haha.




Come on you can't say I give a fuck about What you think..!! HATERS..!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok that's fine, i just brought lots of bran-new emo backgrounds at my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

Anonymous said...

Howdy

I am new to this spot. Lots of individuals have added so many good things here. I would also like to add up some thing for this community. I would like to share some [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]quick weight loss tips[/url]. If you wish to know how to lose 10 lb in a calendar week, you are believably not looking for a basic dieting and workout plan. You can lose weight with a common diet and workout plan, Still this involves a lot of time doing intensive cardio practises and adhering a strict diet. Here I will outline the right steps that I took to lose 10 pounds in just a week.

1. Stay away from all deep-fried nutrients for the week
2. Drink an 8oz glass of Citrus paradisi with breakfast every day. (this accelerates up your metabolism)
3. Eat reasonable portions (stop consuming when you are full)
4. Instead of taking 3 big a meals a day, eat up 5-6 smaller meals to keep your metabolism up and keep your body burning fat.
5. Aviod eating after 9 P.M.. Its good to eat before 9 P.M. so that our body gets proper time to burn calories before sleep.
6. Get plenty of sleep every night. Not getting plenty sleep causes been verified to be a major factor to the body putting up excess fat.
7. Utilise a body/colon cleanse for the 7 days. This will get rid of extra weight stored around the stomach area as well as cleanse your body of harmfull pollutants that makes you store fat and feel tired. Flush away excess pounds around the stomach area that otherwise would be hard to lose.
8. I reccomend you using Acai Berry Diet Pills. This one is proven to work, and you can get a free trial.
9. For those people who want to burn fat quickly, avoid alcohol.
10[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] A low GI diet is an brilliant method of loosing fat quickly.

Thanks![url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com].[/url]!

Anonymous said...

Jezeli interesuja cie dokladniejsze informacje na temat wnioskow o bron palna to zajrzyj na ta strone [url=http://studencki-kredyt.pl/pozwolenie-na-bron.html]pozwolenie na bron[/url].

[url=http://studencki-kredyt.pl/pozwolenie-na-bron.html]pozwolenie na bron gazowa[/url]

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Anonymous said...

I am not going to be original this time, so all I am going to say that your blog rocks, sad that I don't have suck a writing skills