Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Xmas.!!

I would like to wish all my Readers A Merry Xmas..!!

Hope you all got what you wanted ... maybe a little more ;)..!!

If you've seen me during these last few days you'll know I'm having a WHITE Xmas hahaha...

Well I hope u call get drunk and enjoy yourselves tonite..!!!

Something very interesting I stumbled across, and was talking to Nabeel about.. I'm going to drop it here for him...
How Google Can Save Energy..!!! (Stop Global Warming Maybe...)
Emergy-C

These are some of the interesting statistics he collected :

* Google gets around 200 Million queries per day.
* Each query will appoximately display for 10 second. (assumption)
* 200million x 10sec = 550,000 hours every day
* 74 watts to display white pages
* 59 watts to display black pages
* 74-59 = 15 watts savings if google is turned black.
* Global savings of 8.3 Megawatt-hours per day, or about 3000 Megawatt-hours a year.
* 25 percent of the monitors in the world are CRTs, and at 10 cents a kilowatt-hour, that’s $75,000, a goodly amount of energy and dollars for changing a few color codes.

Summary From My Coz @ MashedMedia


Signing off...

Dim..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that u went to wing yip the other day ;)
How is that a white xmas? haha