Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Greed is good?

Spent a little while trying to think of a topic to open up with as my first contribution to danielkhor.com, completely struggling with what to follow up Dan's cops and drops updates with...(didn't think it would be this hard to find something to talk about!)

So last week, I was in the middle of my holidays (the only joy I get from being a college student: the holidays!), got myself a hair cut, just upgraded my phone to the Sony Ericsson X1 (I don't care about the Blackberry hype that's going around, I refuse to get one!)...was looking good, was feeling good, until I got home...

Dan told me to check out his blog, so I figured he probably just wanted to show me a recent cop he made (as he usually does)...and BAM, right in front of me were the Jeremy Scott x Addidas Wings...I immediately lost the feeling of content with the day I just had, and simply craved a pair of those shoes...

Why do people always desire more? At what point can we truly say we are satisfied? I was thinking of the answer to these questions today on the way home after trekking to Convent Garden to get myself a pair (was well disheartened when Selfridges didn't have them, but nonetheless, my journey wasn't wasted!)

On my long train ride home, there was a woman with two kids (they were only about 6 or 7 years old). One of the kids was playing with a DS, and the other was whining to the mother about how they aren't sharing and taking turns. Now this woman was trying to teach her daughter morals and how sometimes we need to be selfless and let someone else have their moment. Now naturally at the age of 6 or 7, all of that means nothing to you, and her reaction was unhappy (as you would expect)...It was upon seeing this reaction from her that I think I found the answer to my question.

It is an innate characteristic within everyone to want more shit haha, 'cos lets face it, who doesn't want more? I'm sure Dan would throw a fit if you told him he can't buy any more kicks or clothes hehe. So here I am, sitting with my Jeremy Scott Wings, and a stupid grin on my face, planning what my next purchase will be...

Quite a text filled post to open up my first entry, didn't see any sense in putting up another picture of the Wings...I think Dan's photo did it justice haha...anyways, will hopefully hit you up with another blog entry once I decide what to cop next! ^_^ Peace

Sly Fox

No comments: